View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM  
Hekomi
Strong Brew Hamstery

Default Re: 2017 comes in with a bang - Welcome L17s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon Bear View Post
True, I'm sure the complexity of breeding ethically or professionally, fake breeders wouldn't have any idea on the language that breeders use, that are beyond me

You should use some of that language in the video to make casual breeders realize that they aren't breeding for the betterment of the species but like you said for their own agendas, not keeping the hamsters safe first.

I called a add out of a newspaper just to see what this was (from another city). Turned out the lady sent me pics on the cell phone and their animals were in critter trail cages with pine bedding. Luckily her litter came out ok but she has no idea on the health vulnerabilities of her pups, I kindly helped her come up with a bigger cage, bin cage and helped her to get paper bedding instead of the pine.

I'm not saying I know anything about breeding, was just interested in the ad for some reason.
Of course! Some of them try, but fail miserably. Or their care is questionable, and the actions they do concerning (ie. holding pups before eyes are open). It's bleh. And easy to fall into it if you don't know, as an adopter, what to look for!

I should. I'll have to write something up eventually. Everything I seem to write about it is very long winded and I don't want the video to be *too* long.

Oh dear. Poor babies. I hope things go okay... good on you for helping correct her husbandry! So many people ignore even proper husbandry and just go right to breeding! It's so strange to me.

Hekomi is offline   Reply With Quote