View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:35 AM  
SazLloyd
Newborn Pup

Default Connecting a wire cage to a bin cage

Hi. So I got my new hamster Lemon 3 weeks ago. I've owned Chinese dwarf hamsters previously - but this was my first Syrian.

I bought him the Rosewood Pico Hamster Home Extra Large. (Sorry for some reason am struggling to attach a picture - but it's easy to Google)

mistakenly thinking the extra levels would make up for lesser floor space. With research and observation I can see this isn't correct, and the wheel is too small etc. Am heading into town later tonight to get tools and build a large bin cage instead.

But I have a question about connecting my old wire cage to the new one - has anyone seen examples of someone doing this. The reason I ask is Lemon LOVES to climb. And I thought since the cage is there I could leave it empty as a sort of climbing frame area if I could attach the two.

AT the moment I think my only two options would either be cutting a hole through the bottom of the Rosewood cage and connecting with a tube. But the plastic is quite tough, I'm not 100% convinced I could penetrate it.

I think just moving him to a bin cage and him loosing his climbing ability might really upset him, but I really want to increase his floor space. Tips, advise, criticism (constructive please don't be mean) all welcome. Thank you in advanced.
SazLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote