Thread: Rats!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 11:56 AM  
Abi5sos1d
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Rats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
Science Selective is going to be the healthiest option.You want to find a way for them to eat it,even if they won't eat it straight out of a bowl.Not many pelleted foods are truly appropriate for rats in every way,since some have unsafe ingredients or contain hay which rats can't digest properly,which isn't the case with Science Selective.

If you can find an alternative cheaper way to get Science Selective,that would be a great idea.I believe Viovet sell the smaller bags at a cheaper price,so that would be one potential option instead of having to buy the big bags right away.

I would avoid the P@H Nuggets at all cost,since they don't even give an ingredients list I know there are lots of good treats that P@H make but that doesn't mean all their products are safe or appropriate,especially when you have pets that do have such specific dietary needs.

Make sure you're not just feeding pellets by the way,as a lack of variety is almost as bad as malnutrition.While a seed mix alone isn't good,pellets alone don't offer enough variety and would have to be mixed with suitable seeds and other healthy foods.
I did think science selective would be better, she did advise me to introduce the food slowly when I get them, and I will be providing them with fresh fruit and veggies as well as seeds and nuts as I do with my hamster who is on science selective for hamsters and Harry Hamster. Would you advise me to get Reggie Rat too?
Abi5sos1d is offline   Reply With Quote