Thread: Taming?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 AM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: Taming?

If it's been a week and they seem to have settled in okay, then I'd say it's comepleteoy fine to begin the taming process. Take things slow, start by leaving tissue with your scent on it so they get used to your smell in their cage, and so that when they use it as nesting material, they smell you around. This also helps to combat cage aggression by introducing the idea of you being in their territory. After they are used to your scent, putting your hand in the cage and talking softly can help them get used to you. When you let them out for excercise, try putting them in a bathtub (at separate times since they no longer live together) and sit in the bathtub, letting them crawl about on you.

I'm not an experienced dwarf owner, but I've been told that robos can be tough little guys to tame, and some never truly tame down. Just be patient and persistent! What is the bar spacing on your cage? Anything over 1/4 of an inch isn't very good for dwarfs from what I've heard. Enjoy spending time with your little hams and have fun throughout the whole taming process
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote