View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 08:36 AM  
Jadehammy
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
it's hard to be sure what it is from the description but two of my current chinese made a noise somewhere between a sneeze & a clicking noise when i first got them, no idea exactly what it was (sounded a bit like hiccups actually!) the first few times it did worry me but both have grown out of it & showed no other signs of ill health or distress at the time, i have come across the same thing mentioned in posts by other chinese owners too (can't remember who or when now) so maybe it's just something some but not all of them do!
my syrian ash used to do it and still does from time to time he definately had a runny nose i took him to the vet they told me he was perfectly healthy but did give me antibiotics to give him. But at the time i was using carefresh. I switched bedding so maybe that's what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amityvillehams View Post
do you use carefresh?if so,that can cause respiratory problems.it is an extremely dusty brand overall,and would need airing out before use or preferably switching over to a better brand with much less dust.for example,in the uk your best choice would be fitch but in the us your best choice is kaytee clean and cozy,but it really depends on where you are in terms of what is best!
when i noticed that ash seemed to be sneezing from it and i noticed how dusy it was so i switched to eco paper bedding and then kaytee granule bedding but i think i might go back to eco for both of them even though it is less absorbant.

Last edited by Fluffagrams; 01-31-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Jadehammy is offline   Reply With Quote