Thread: Rats!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 PM  
Abi5sos1d
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Rats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
A pair will probably be your best bet then It doesn't hurt to get a big enough cage for larger groups in advance though,since you could potentially reuse it over and over for different groups of rats over time instead of having to buy all different cages depending on the size of a group!

By the way you can turn grape vine into bird or rat perches/climbing branches if you have access to even the most basic of drills and the right stainless steel hardware.It isn't difficult either,and can be much better to get branches that you really enjoy rather than being quite as limited with just the premade bird perches.It works with any sort of safe branch,although grape vine is definitely a good example!
Thank you for that, I'll definitely look into that. I know that I do want male rats as I tend to get on with them better, when I was younger we had a group of 3 boys and two had sadly reached their time they died a month between each other and our other male was neutered as he had a tumour on his testicles so we decided to rescue 3 females and they bonded pretty well, however the girls didn't seem to like me lol
Abi5sos1d is offline   Reply With Quote