View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 01:24 PM  
pumpkin13
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Rearrange cage for syrian hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It amazes me how they can transport sand! I've found things like that too. Sounds like she's just working out how she likes things. Is she still using the potty?

I used to be a bit nervous at first, before our hammy was tame as he used to charge at your hand and scare you off lol. So maybe spot cleaning while she's asleep and just swap the houses round when she's asleep another time. A bendy bridge should encourage her to move it.
Hi. Well I have put the new house in, but couldn't get a bendy bridge over the door as it would have disturbed her present nest and I didn't want to do that yet. She did keep going into it though for a look around so hopefully she will move her nest in there. I have had to move the shelf by a bar space. Do you think it would be better if the shelf fit snuggly onto the roof as she tries to climb between the shelf and the roof of her house, she does manage it but shes practically flat as a pancake when she does it. I put the old house in the bath for her. we are trying to tame her. My daughter feeds her treats using her fingers and she will take food from the palm of my hand and sometimes nips, but tonight she bit my thumb and drew blood. I jumped and she jumped. I am trying to move too quickly in taming her. We have had her for just over 3 weeks now.
pumpkin13 is offline   Reply With Quote