View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Charlie's thread

Thank you Cypher! Yes I have sent for a bottle of Evening Primrose oil and have a couple of 1 ml syringes to use as a dropper. He has been drinking a lot and peeing a lot for some months now. I had put all of it down to general ageing and the issues of liver and kidneys with age. I do think he has been in pain sometimes recently. Something about his face or eyes looking strained and a bit dull. Which is why I'd decided to get some more Metacam for him. Of course they can't tell you where the pain is! Somehow I don't think it's his legs, he just seems to carry on despite them being stiff and wobbly. And yes he does perk up sometimes and enjoy a bit of exploring and finding bits of food.

I shall have to see how he is now he's had his teeth clipped - it could have been tooth discomfort or just misery at not being able to eat properly. But I was still flummoxed at being told he couldn't have Metacam as I did think he'd need it at some point. And I don't want to think he's in pain.

He has been a bit reclusive since coming back from the vets - understandably. I put a new chew stick out for him - a Vitakraft one. I don't normally give those as they're a bit sweet with the honey but wanted to tempt him to chew if he can and noticed he'd had a little go at it this morning so the tooth clip must have helped.

Might try the Manuka honey myself too!