View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:45 AM  
Thin Lizzy
Hamster Warrior

Default Re: Beaten Up Dwarf Hamster @ College

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I think on any training course or in any work place, there is always someone with a power complex or who isn't caring enough. It's the same in the medical profession. There are some really excellent people - and some who aren't. It's hard when you're training/getting experience and on the lowest rung of the ladder and people won't listen - but make a note of it and when you are qualified and in charge you can knock such behaviour on the head. Don't worry too much as I think some owners don't always agree with vet advice either! And will make polite noises and do something else. I made polite noises after taking Charlie to the vets the first time, then came on here for advice and took him to see a different vet!
Well said Serendipity.
I couldn't do a job like being a vet if I didn't care about the animals I saw. Some people in these jobs can be cold as ice when it comes to animals and personally shouldn't be in that job.
You learn by others and you'll also learn that not everyone is right. You have a good head on your shoulders and will go far in life.