View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:48 PM  
LilicaRachels
Newborn Pup

Smile Introducing Victor

So I figured I should finally introduce my little baby. I did talk about him for a little in the introduction page, but I wanted to tell his little story. It's not much of a story, but he is a cutie, so... here goes... (I think he's a hybrid, that's what a few people have told me. lol so here I am.)
Well a PetSmart recently opened in my little area and though I wouldn't normally buy actual animals from a PetSmart as there is one other place a little better in my small area, I fell completely in love with this little hamster. My mother and I visited the PetSmart several times back in late November/early December always with the intent of buying things for Christmas for our pets. Obviously you can't help but to go look at the actual animals when in a pet store. I mean, who would pass up a chance to look at cute animals? Well, there he was. He was actually awake and cleaning himself. I knew I had to get him. I knew I would end up getting this hamster because damn he was cute. I had had a hamster before, but I couldn't afford one at the moment because lol... well I would have to buy a new cage and all this good stuff. So I decided I would probably end up buying one after the holidays.
Meanwhile, I was constantly worried that he would be adopted! The fear clenched my heart like there was no tomorrow. Well, every time we went he was there. Obviously I'm not 100% certain that this hamster was the same as the one before, but I was about 90% sure as no one in my area really likes or adopts small critters like a hamster. So finally my friend and I go to the store to actually buy Christmas presents for our animals and I pick out a nice cat scratcher for my precious Grimmathy. I was talking to my friend about the hamster and her being the type of person who will always tell you to buy that thing, she told me to buy the hamster. So after much excitement and running around the store and picking out a hamster cage, I finally go to an employee and they bless me with this sweet heart.
Needless to say, I named the precious bab Victor (I named him after Yuri on Ice because I'm a loser).
He has been such a good boy since I've gotten him. It only took a few days before he was willing to climb into my hands and all over my arms. He has SO much energy when he's up. He is extremely curious and has such a great personality.
I know someone might say something about this, but I do let him around my cat. And they do share a room. I mean, the cat stays on the floor and usually sleeps with me. And Victor stays on a high dresser that Grimm can't get to (he's also about 30 pounds, so he couldn't make it if he wanted to). When I take Victor out of the cage, I usually play with him on my bed and normally my cat is sitting there. I don't worry about them though. My cat is EXTREMELY mellow. He couldn't care less about the hamster and usually just turns around. Obviously I would never leave them alone together because that would be stupid. But Victor doesn't care about the cat either. I mean I've had him since early December and he just runs where ever he pleases when he's on my bed. He will run up to the cat and climb the cat's back and sniff the cat's face. And Grimm won't do anything about it.
The two of them are such sweethearts. It helps that the cat is old and lazy. I couldn't put him on a diet if I wanted to. He doesn't even play with toys. He never has.
But any ways. This is turning into an extremely long post...
Any ways... Victor is such a sweetheart. I'm going to another pet store (not PetSmart) to see if I can find a few really nice hamster toys and a new wheel as he quickly outgrew the one that came with the cage lol. I'm so excited.
His only downside is that he is EXTREMELY picky. I only really have a blend I bought at the pet store for food... and he absolutely refuses to eat the pellets. He will only eat the seeds and corn and I'm not too sure what to do about that... but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
But any ways! That's it! Here are a few pictures of him being precious and way too fast to actually take pictures of...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0112170106a-1.jpg (599.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 1215161728.jpg (1.24 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 1216161308.jpg (1.44 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1216161311.jpg (1.28 MB, 24 views)
LilicaRachels is offline   Reply With Quote