View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 10:56 AM  
climber008
Adult Hamster

Default Sleep Well Kornelia

Some sad news for the forum today.

Yesterday, my sister and I were preparing an area for Kornelia to take a photo shoot for the February Photo of the Month. When she went to go get Kornelia, we discovered the she was cold and stiff and had passed sometime in the night.

Her eyes were open and she appeared to have been gathering bedding at the time of her death, but I think she died simply of old age.

If I am honest with myself, I did notice that she was slowing down these past four days or so. She's even been more lethargic for a couple of months, only coming out to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, and very rarely play. We've even been scattering her food closer to her nest, as she didn't forage as much if not.

About four days ago, her eyes almost seemed to bulge out when I picked her up. Atlhough three days ago, she seemed fine...just tired.

I only regret that I didn't pick her up the night before she died. I had worked a really late shift at work, and I was contemplating on getting her but never did since she was still asleep. My sister had given her a small treat, but neither of us really got to say goodbye. I just wish I could have been there for her at the sad moment, but I am so grateful for every second I had with her.

Miss Kornelia died a short ten days before her second birthday and a month and eleven days from the day I adopted her from her other mummie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We will miss you terribly Kornelia! My eyes are watering just thinking that you are no longer here.Such a sweet girl! She was so fiesty and full of life, yet would never refuse a cuddle.

She loved to watch Downton Abbey and for some reason couldn't get enough of the music from Dirty Dancing.

Her favorite song was Me Too by: Meghan Trainor, and I just can't imagine why. (Maybe because she felt the lyrics were written about her?)

Puffs were her favorite snack, and she jumped on tofu love these past months.

She loved all the popsicle stick creations I made her, and she never passed up a good old photo shoot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will always be loved and never forgotten! Sweet dreams my sweet girl!