View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 PM  
spacebyte
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Opinions on hamster balls?

Luna has a rat sized ball (Which... dunno why they exist because rats generally don't use them as far as I know?) she had a standard sized syrian ball before, but she could open it and I noticed her back was arching - the much larger (kind of looks ridiculously larger!) and better built ball solved these issues. The one Luna has is the 25cm Savic one. Her cage has a 29cm wheel, but it is a little big for her, so I went for the 25 over the 32, and it was a fine decision.

We have a single level flat, and there is no furniture the ball can get under. She is always supervised by someone and limited to the main rooms for around 15 minutes. She only gets in it if she wants to.

A playpen or free ranging would be great, but our house is a bit scary and I would be frightened of losing her. I've gotten rid of all the mousetraps I could find when I moved in, but I'm scared there's some in small places I've missed. I REALLY don't want her going missing, so she's never not watched. If I am cleaning her main cage she's either in her bin or in the bath tub..
spacebyte is offline   Reply With Quote