View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 02:17 PM  
barley
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Looking for a breeder - where to start?

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but I've never had a hamster brought from a breeder before, so I'm not too sure of the ''etiquette'' so to speak.

I contacted a hamstery on facebook and they were expecting a litter at the end of that month (October) and said they would put me on their list. October came & went and I didn't hear anything so I presumed there was nothing available in that litter for me. I messaged again mid November just to say I was still interested really, and they replied saying a litter was due in December and they'd be in contact. I've seen the pictures on facebook of this litter now they are born so waited to see if the breeder got in touch like they said. Still nothing by mid week (week just gone) so I messaged again... just a casual, how are the hams doing kinda thing, and letting the breeder know I was still interested in a ham of theirs - ie, I hadn't gone elsewhere in the meantime.

The message has been read but not replied to (I appriciate it's only been a few days and they're likely busy) but I don't really know what to do - I don't want to keep bugging them or start to annoy them by messaging, but equally I would like to bring a new ham home early/mid March, so don't want to hold out for this breeder if there isn't going to be anything available, and wonder if I should start looking elsewhere?

All a bit tricky really!

Just wondered if anyone had any advice? I'd really like to get a breeder ham rather than a pet shop one, but not 100% on the best way to go about it.