Thread: Cage Cleaning
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 12:47 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Cage Cleaning

I personally love the idea of more threads discussing such behaviors.It never hurts to have more and more up to date information.I don't think there's such a thing as being a complete expert though,as you can always learn and grow and to limit yourself is a terrible thing

Some people might get offended if you say something is unsafe or inappropriate or attempt debate,but this is never a negative thing and should be taken as yet another way to learn and grow.That being said,debates can turn bad if it goes too far and somebody makes it personal,but until that point debates are very healthy and beneficial!

I think mice are much different to hamsters,in the sense that they don't really need as much space,but we can certainly take certain things and apply them like limited open spaces.However,hamsters are very different when it comes to certain habitat requirements,and while they are rodents they're still quite different.

I find one of the most useful sources to figure out new hamster enrichment ideas and just understand more about natural hamster behavior to be looking deeper into German hamster care in general.While I can't say I would do every single thing the same way it would be likely to be done in Germany,there are things we can take from German hamster care like enrichment ideas as mentioned or substrate depth and cage size ideas and things like that.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote