View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 08:21 AM  
Vipin
Newborn Pup

Default I don't know anything! Litter UK

Hello. Sorry for the long threat, but I need advice. We are beginners with hamsters. 4 months ago I bought a hamster for my daughter, his name Coco. I am sure he's a boy as I bought him young from Pets at home. My son got a bit upset so I promised him a hamster if he help nicely with Coco. For Christmas I decided to adopt one hamster from Pets at home. Her name Poppy (she looks different looking so I am sure by the name and the looks she is a girl). My plan obviously was to keep them separate. Coco is in his cage and his environment is my daughters room. Poppy is in her cage and in my son's room. We were cleaning Coco's cage so we put him in a ball and allowed him to go around as normal, but this time he sensed Poppy? I guess? because he ran -inside the ball- to my son's room. I didn't see anything wrong with that. I checked and then he was in his ball but sniffing at Poppy's cage and she was sniffing at him. I left them and after checking many times -same situation-all OK, then my daughter went to check again and said "Mummy! Coco is not in the ball". We started looking for him and to our horror he managed to get inside Poppy's cage!!! Her cage is the one with a wheel build in, so we concluded that that small space is big enough for him to fit. They were not fighting but now I am concern that she is pregnant. Is there such a possibility? That happened with my dogs before, but I took my dog to the vets and they put an injection to stop any pregnancy and the vets mentioned that dogs need probably more than one encounter to get pregnant. Is this the same with Hamsters or can I definitely wait for a litter? If so, how many hamsters can I expect from her. If successful with her litter, how long do I need to keep them, as I am planning to give them away to the RSPCA. Does the RSPCA can take them and re-home them? I don't want to sell them or just randomly give them away. That's not me. Help please.
Vipin is offline   Reply With Quote