View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 11:40 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

Serendipity I really do wish I'd started him in a barred cage with a nice door but I didn't want to overwhelm him with space & I guess with my plans for a robo I wasn't best set up for him but I can't undo that so I'll just keep working with him & find what's best for him, a downgrade rather than an upgrade is a possibility as a temporary measure at least.

Coco thanks, I think maybe I missed the best opportunity to begin, I do think you can create quite a bond even in the first few days before they have a chance to get too shy but he'll get all the patience & love he needs & I'm sure we'll begin to make progress, I have seen a little (very little!) more of him the last couple of days which is something!

CB I think you do have to be hands on to some extent at least, some hams take more naturally to us than others & those that don't do need encouragement to make any progress but each ham is so different it's not always easy to know how to best proceed & we'll never know how it would have gone with them if we did things differently, it doesn't sound as though you need to wake Izzy though if she's interacting at food time.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote