View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 11:32 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

Thanks Fluffagrams, I wish I could be so sure but I'm really not right now.
Maybe I've been lucky with my girls as they've never really been scared, a bit skittish but always curious & out & about a fair bit giving me plenty of opportunities to get to know them & get them used to me.
I'm worried that I'm seeing a bit of a repeat of what I went through with Zeki in the beginning here, maybe pet shop boys that have never been handled are very different to pet shops girls but other than grabbing a moment in the morning when he comes out for some food I'm not seeing him at all.
I waited quite a while after turning the lights out yesterday evening but it was still a no show, my concern is that he will quickly learn that he can just come out & do what he wants when it's dark & be able to virtually avoid human contact so I think I'm going to have to be a bit more hands on.

A no show again this morning There was a lot of busy noises in his house when I got up but he seems determined not to come out for treats today, after about 4 hours of trying to keep an eye on his cage just in case I've got to do other things now!
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion I'll never want to start a new ham in a bin cage again, even Tinwë who is the only ham I've really struggled with was hand tame before he went into his shy stage thanks to bars & a nice front door!
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 12-29-2016 at 02:15 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote