View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:16 AM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: October Baby, Angelica

I've had Angel for almost 3 months and she has yet to take a treat from my hands. Angel is a rescue from an unwanted litter, she was so traumatized when I first got her. It seems that children had been chasing them around and dropping them on the floor. Just guessing?

So this family surrendered the litter to a rescue called Small Pets Big Hearts. She was only 6-7 week old when I adopted her. So now my experiences in taming have been few and far between. I usually leave the lid off her tank so I have easy access to her tank if I want to try to feed her a treat.

This is how far I've gotten so far...
She has come up to my hand to smell my finger and then ran away w/o taking the treat in my fingers.

Then last night she let me talk to her and she seemed to enjoy it. I got to see how she has grown and her fur has darkened at the roots on her back. I hardly get to see her so it's nice to see what she actually looks like during times like last night.

After I talked to her I attempted to give her a treat, but Angel knew what I was up to and whizzed off to her nest. So I'm not rushing anything, will see what happens down the road if I even get to tame her or not? Guess if she likes being talked to, that's what I'll do.

She also runs around her food dish when there are not any seeds in it, only lab blocks. She did this last night when it was feeding time. So since she was begging for seeds I gave her seeds, then she came right back out of her nest to gather up the seeds.

So that is how far I have come with Angels taming thus far
Cinnamon Bear is offline   Reply With Quote