View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:03 AM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Francisco is now twice the size of Stephano

I scatter feed all over their platform (which is 20 x 30cm approx) and put a pile of food in one area since Stephano is blind I worry its harder for him to find food but he seems good at finding it tbh. They usually sit and eat the food as they find it. Stephano has a small food store but Francisco usually just keeps his food in his pouches. They don't fight and I haven't noticed any injuries on either of them. I've tried giving Stephy extra mealworms to see if that helped him gain weight but it hasn't made a difference.

Stephy is much more active, Franny hardly ever uses the wheel unlike Stephano but he really likes his new hamster ball so he's becoming more active. He spends a lot of time eating though. Francisco has thick woolly type fur and Stephano has thinner Satin fur so I think that makes him appear smaller but Francisco is definitely longer as well as wider.

I'll try weighing them when they wake up later and let you know their exact weights.

Their new cage is a larger duna so it should be easy for them to adjust and I'm going to use some of their old bedding and put their toys in the same place at first too so hopefully they'll be fine.
alpacassei is offline   Reply With Quote