View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 01:29 PM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: Dwarven taming issues

I think that your trying to go way too fast. Slow down and give Latte ( I also have a robo named Latte) time to adjust to his new home. I'd let him come up and around on his own terms and give him a couple weeks before trying to put him in a bin. On two occasions I let Koala Bear alone for 17 days while he hid under the bedding. Once he came out he was the most confident little hammy.

Then I let Madison (my robo) hide for 2 weeks before she came out and felt like her cage was her home and she started coming out earlier in the evenings and mornings without me needing to rush anything.

This doesn't work for all hammy's of course but I'd give it a good two weeks and wait till Latte gets real comfortable and claim his home as his own before interacting.

I have a rescue chinese, Izzy who this taming method did not work. Also, have a rescue robo, who this taming method did not work as well. These two rescue animals won't ever be tamed completely and that's ok with me. I have the others to for play time.

Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll bond in no time
Cinnamon Bear is offline   Reply With Quote