Thread: My 4 New Mice!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 09:24 AM  
branberry
Newborn Pup

Default My 4 New Mice!

So I went to a petstore sometime in the begining of August to get two little hams as my dwarf, Cloud, passed. We recieved Salt and Pepper, two hybrid dwarves at that store. While there, I saw many other pets, including an abundance of feeder mice, maybe 20 in one cage.

As most of my US peers here know, Pet stores like petsmart and petco usually don't have good conditions for their pets. At this time, I really just wanted my hams, but I admired the mice.

Now, I felt like I was ready for another adition to my pet family. I wanted to get mice, but not any fancy kinds. I wanted to 'rescue' (I know this is controversial as if you get a pet from a store, they get money to replace it) some feeder mice , and give them as shot at life. We got a large Billy Bookself Cage, connected two of them, built the table and got everything ready. On Thursday, I built the lid, and asked my sister to drive to the store, and pick up 3 female feeder mice, as I had a speech I had to give.

I get home at 5, and I am told there are 3 -adorable- mice. I check, and I see all three. So I go down to my father and tell him thanks, yadayadayada, and he tells me "what are their names?"

There was a large one, a small one and a medium sized one, so I named the Winter (small), Dawn (medium) and Yore (the big). Yore loved running on the wheel I set up!

He then asks "What about the 4th one?"

I am obviously surprised and shake it off, but I get confirmation, there was one burrowing. There were --4-- mice. I am shocked, but ecstatic at the same time. I changed their names a bit, as there are now two identical mice with the same medium size. The small one is still Winter, but the medium ones are now Yore and Dawn. I named the large one Runner, as she was on her wheel for a very long time.

I just uploaded a cage tour on youtube

I am so happy they are part of my family now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnBXQKbuRM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1217160954.jpg (4.96 MB, 25 views)

Last edited by branberry; 12-17-2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: I realized Winter wasn't in the picture lol, she's sleeping :)
branberry is offline   Reply With Quote