View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 09:58 AM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Default Bye Bye Miranda.

Today has been one of the hardest days of my life. I had to say goodbye to a little girl who I loved a lot.
Miranda had been sick for a while and recently got a lot worse. Due to circumstances changing we no longer could afford to take her to the vets, so sadly Miranda had to be sent to a rescue.

(Before anyone says that I should have thought about the costs before we adopted her, at the time money wasn't a problem but like I said circumstances
change.)

It was so hard to let her go because a huge selfish part of me just wanted to keep her and not let her go. But obviously her health and happiness should always come first, contacting the rescue was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

As hard as it is I'm happy knowing that she will be well taken care of, I'd been following this rescue for a while so I didn't just give her to some random people. The woman was lovely and Miranda seemed to really like her! We gave her Miranda's cage so she wouldn't be too stressed out with moving.

I'm going to miss her sooo much and it's just so sad that she can't be with me no more, I know that she'll be taken care of and when she's all better I hope that she can find an amazing forever home that will love her just as much as we do.

It was so hard saying goodbye me and my mum both cried, but Miranda as ALWAYS was more interested in her food than having a heartfelt goodbye with me - at least we know she's not that sick since she was her usually stuck up self. :P

I'm rambling but oh well, I needed to write this more for myself than anything - it just doesn't seem real that I'm not going to be able to go and have cuddles with her in the middle of the night anymore. I'm totally not crying right now (I totally am.)

On a happier note.. Mine and Misty's one year anniversary of her adoption is coming up! It's so strange to think that on Christmas eve I would have had her for a year.

I'm just so heartbroken over Mira leaving us, it just doesn't really seem like Christmas anymore.

(I didn't know which tread to post this in, I know that there's a memorial thread but I didn't want to post there since she's not dead..?)
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote