View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 03:08 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: I have a pregnant hamster what do I do with the babies

Hello there! Chesca has a point about being sure she is pregnant, although I am guessing you are sure. If she wasn't in with a male it could be some other reason she is looking bigger - and there can be some health conditions that cause some swelling. Best to be 100% in case she needs looking at by a vet. Sometimes people get rid of hamsters when they need vet treatment. Adding a photo on here could be a good idea, as you don't want to be taking her to the vets and disturbing her if she is about to have babies I guess.

Anyway, assuming she is pregnant. Good advice above. Would you want to keep one of the babies? The others, advertising them is probably the way to go. Local supermarkets often have a board for adverts, I've seen hamsters advertised on Gumtree as well, or the local paper classified ads. You could actually put in the add that they must have a cage of a certain minimum size. That way it will weed out people who don't agree with that! At this time of year you might need to be careful who you rehome them to. Some people think it would be nice to get one for a child for Christmas but not interested in the proper care.

There are some very experienced breeders on here and I'm sure one will come along soon and give you some advice.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote