View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 04:21 AM  
velma

Default Re: Thinking into the future: Pet Only or Showable

Obviously I can't comment on the showing side of things and what must be a lot of work as I only have an assortment of pet only hams and I've not even entered any of those to a pet class so I don't know the difference it would make if you had a ham you couldn't show. But I can say a little pet robo is a fantastic addition and much as I love the gang I have, I do miss the ease of a little robo and not just because Hector had a fantastic personality. I find the 3 I currently have much more work now one of them isn't a robo. It was lovely to have Hector beetling about his cage when I was in the hamster room and popping up to see what was going on but without finding the extra time for extra handling. Hector was friendly and he's run over my hands or sit on them for a treat but I wasn't worried about getting him out or if the others took a bit more time then he didn't miss out as he was quite happy just going out about his business. I found the same with my previous robo too, although he was a very different personality and didn't want to come out , but as with Hector, great fun to watch without the 'guilt' I should I have him out more. I'd say go for a pet robo (and p@h often have adoptions), you'll love it and I don't think it will impact on your show team at all.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote