View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 05:40 PM  
snit_girl
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster sitting. Would you change anything?

The gerbil cage is really small, smaller floor area than the mini duna but it is higher and has a half second level sort of. He is a climber so I've already seen him fall from quite a height. The dwarf wheel is all that will fit in it. I could put a big wheel in without the level but it would literally take up half of the floor space. There's also a horizontal bar missing which I'm not keen on as he's so small.

My mum was here and told her not to be surprised if she came back to him being in a different cage and she just laughed. No other instructions apart from scatter feeding him and leaving a big bag of bedding, food, sawdust, etc. She also said he went into hibernation last week but came round after being warmed up, not really an issue in my roasting house.

The ball she left is actually broken, but it's identical to the one I have on a stand. It's a p@h one I've used for smaller hams before in the duna. Thing is I've never used the duna long term, it has always been a recovery cage or one for emergencies (which is why I'd like to hang onto it). My main cage was a hamster heaven but it's not fit to live in just now as the bars need re-coated and it's not the weather to do it now.
snit_girl is offline   Reply With Quote