View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 04:46 PM  
snit_girl
Newborn Pup

Default Hamster sitting. Would you change anything?

Hi guys, I've not been on here since my girl Belle left us last year but now I'm hamster sitting a lovely wee syrian boy called buddy.

He was dropped off tonight by my mums colleague (I don't know her personally) and will stay here for 2 weeks. He is absolutely teeny tiny and so skinny. Apparently he was a rescue from the p@h adoption section so no idea how old.

He's here in an old gerbil cage complete with fluffy bedding, dwarf size silent spinner, no toys and his food is glennwood hamster and gerbil muesli that resembles sawdust and a few seeds, it's so dusty.

I have a mini duna, ball on a stand and would happily go buy him some harry hamster food, paper bedding and something to chew like a whimzee while he's here. I know that stuff isn't really suitable for a syrian but he's so small he'd fit it for now.

What I'm asking is, would you be offended if someone changed your hamsters food and environment? Should I do it and move him back before he's collected? Leave well enough alone? He's very active and quite the climber. He went in his wheel a little bit but I was told he doesn't use it and I'm not surprised as he was bent right back and flipped over. I'd even happily give him away with everything but the cage too.
snit_girl is offline   Reply With Quote