View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 07:02 AM  
Buddyakabatman

Question Preparing in buddy's old age

Hi I'm Keeley and I'm new here

My hamster is a beautiful golden Syrian boy called buddy and is over a year old and now he's starting to get older I want to be ready for when the worst happens.
It seems grim talking about it but I don't want to be forced to bury him somewhere inappropriate.
I think that some people don't understand that 'yeah I'm an adult' But i know it will be hard saying goodbye to little buddy.

Here's the thing, I always assumed I'd bury him but I've found out that we have a huge fox problem and a shallow garden. I live far away from my relatives so can't use their garden and cremation of hamsters is £85 which could buy him a lot of toys and treats while he is alive to enjoy it rather than something purely for my consience which seems wasteful.

If I can find a small locked wooden box and bury it deep as possible will this keep little one safe from foxes. I want him to decompose so that if the garden got dug up no one would disturb him and I worry that this will make it not possible. What about putting him into soil inside a box? I don't know how these things work.

Sorry if this has upset anyone I'm trying not to be too graphic.

Does anyone have any suggestions? On locked boxes or solutions.

Thanks
Keeley
X
Buddyakabatman is offline   Reply With Quote