View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:31 AM  
Hamsterita
La loca de los hamsters

Default Re: Healthy non stop treats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
It's really unfortunate that you had the moths in your mix, it's really unpleasant I know as it happened to me once years ago but it is unlikely that you'd get another bag of Harry Hamster with moths again, just in case you can put the unopened bag in the freezer for at least 48hrs then it would be fine & if anything was in there freezing would kill it, any eggs are actually harmless once they can't hatch out & fill the place with moths!
So I would suggest getting more of his favourite food & continuing as you were before.
There are lots of things you can give as treats like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nuts, mealworms, hemp or flax seeds for example, small pieces of fresh veg & tiny bits of cooked chicken but these aren't really suitable if you want to use a lot for taming although if he's a bit underweight a few extra healthy treats won't do any harm.
Thank you! You always save the day. I'll think about buying Harry Hamster Mix again. The vision of several worms crawling over my bed is still too fresh. I couldn't sleep that night because the paranoia was making me feel tiny bugs crawling over my skin and it gave me the creeps. Three days later my bedroom looks worm-free so i hope everything is alright and the plague contained.
So yeah, you're right, i should order more and continue the taming process without concerns.
Hamsterita is offline   Reply With Quote