View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 12:45 PM  
SwaggySyrians
Hamster Pup

Default Very concerned. Advice?

My Syrian Buzz is a little over two years old now, and he's already showing it. His hair is very thin and missing in some places. He keeps one eye permanently closed (although I think he can see out of it when he opens it) and is virtually deaf. His skin looks almost dry. He's obviously old now and can no longer climb up to the places that he used to. I weighed him only an hour ago - he's gone from 150g to 111g in three weeks. He's always gotten a lot of treats and other things to keep him occupied, and I've actually increased the quantity of food in his bowl over the past few months. Over the past couple of days I've noticed some sort of lump on his chest - it only has a small amount of fur on it and looks almost like a bloated stomach, but in front and between his front legs instead. It's not at all hard and he doesn't seem bothered by me touching it. I've been told to take him to the vet, but since he has so many other problems and is quite elderly I'm worried that they'll just have him euthanised. He doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort apart from the occasional difficulty in climbing, so I don't think it's necessary to have him put down. He's quite fragile now, so any sort of vet trip or treatment could really harm him. I know that he's old and in his last few months/weeks now, so I don't know whether it's best to just leave him.

The lump on his chest gets bigger everyday and I don't want to see it kill him. I'm not sure what I expect people to say, I'm just upset to see him with these problems. Does anyone know if there's anything that I can do to help him out?

Buzz August 4, 2014 - February 12, 2017 Nora December 2016 - 2018 Reuben January 2017 - January 2018
SwaggySyrians is offline   Reply With Quote