Thread: Ariana
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 02:22 PM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: Ariana

So the vet visit went ok. Ariana got picked up out of her nest 2x's as I brought her Critter Trail cage in there instead of a travel cage. I wanted it to be as stress free as possible. I'm afraid my efforts didn't work though. So after she got picked up actually several times to get weighed (18 gm) on 2 different scales as the tech though that was a little low. Then she got picked up for a mite test ($20) she didn't have any mites or lice. The vet mentioned part of a piece of her fur was vulnerable for a possible fungal infection. She said to look for sore spots. I don't think it will be a problem though. She couldn't rule out demodex mites, as she didn't want to scrape the skin as she was so little. But for another $13.00 she gave her a topical mite treatment. In another week if the scratching is better than I'll come in for another $13 for a second round of this topical mite treatment.

She couldn't rule out a respiratory infection and wanted to give her anti-biotics but I asked if that could be put off for awhile & I'll keep an eye on her. She said that if her breathing becomes labored then to bring her in for anti-biotics. I told her that it would ruin my relationship with Ari by giving her medication this early. The vet agreed.

I asked about the bedding, how often should I change it? Is anything growing in it? Vet said no just leave bedding alone if I want? That doesn't make sense to me but I'll change in a couple days. It will need changing anyways. I'll wait to upgrade her for another 2 weeks when she's stronger. Vet said to weight her at home every couple days. Said to buy some of the pet store food, as Lizzy suggested.

So Ariana made another nest and she got pulled out of that so the vet could show me another way to give her an anti-biotic. But it didn't work, Ari didn't cooperate but the vet was real nice with her and good with her. Then I wanted topical treatment, so Ari got pulled out of her nest again to get the topical mite treatment. When I got her home she wasn't in any nest. Just unhappy sitting in a corner of the cage stressed out. I tried to feed her mealworms but she wasn't interested.

Will just leave her alone the rest of the night. Hopefully she'll be back to normal tomorrow?