View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 01:25 AM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default Autumn 2016 Litters at Vectis

I'm hoping for an Autumnal baby boom! I'd been trying several girls over recent months with no joy, but recently I seem to have been having more successful pairings with three girls due tomorrow and Monday.

First up is Phoenix. She's a longhaired cinnamon rex from my Tydry litter. She's placed well in her class at shows and is a sweet girl. She was paired to Hippogriff, a longhaired yellow dom spot. I'm expecting all long hairs with 50% dom spot, 50% cinnies and all the girls being torties.
Phoenix by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Second is another Syrian. Regina is a shorthaired golden girl, possibly carrying dark grey. I've been trying her with several of my boys and she's not been keen on any of them, refusing to stand. I was on the verge of stopping trying with her and moved her cage from my 'potential maternity' shelf in the hamster room. Her cage ended up next to Cedric's.
Cedders is a heart-ham, bred here. He's over 2 now and has never shown any inclination to breed, even when faced with a girl standing in the mating tub! The same evening I moved Gina's cage I went into the hamster room and found Cedders and her flirting through the bars and chirping at each other. They are a suitable match, although not the one I'd have chosen as there's a smaller chance of getting dark greys than I'd like. Cedric is a longhaired satin golden carrying dark grey. To say I was surprised to actually see baby bumps is an understatement!
Regina by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Last but not least is my first winter white venture. I've borrowed a male and female sapphire winter white from my friend at Doric Hamstery, and I paired them with the hope of them having more sapphires. Dakota is looking rather round, and Bleu is happy to have his own cage back again!
Dakota by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

Fingers crossed for safe deliveries and healthy pups from my girls. I've got a lot of patient people on my waiting lists who will be happy for the arrival of little paws!