View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 10:17 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Pets At Home "Large" Wire Hamster Cage

I recently acquired one of these cages and whilst I agree that it would be too small for an active young Syrian hamster, it was perfect for my small Chinese girl, who like some Chinese can be, has had issues with too much space in larger cages.

The cage was about three months old when I got it but already I'd noticed that one of the bars had come unstuck from the frame on one of the doors. I was able to repair it prior to putting Jessie in there and I don't think she'll cause a great deal of damage but that might be something that an owner of a particularly chewy hamster will need to be aware of.

The accessories included aren't the best quality however I've replaced them with existing items from Jessie's old cage and they'll do as spares. The cage has the option of adding tubes from holes within the cage and I don't know if they'd be included if you were to purchase this cage new but I did not receive these from the owner and probably wouldn't have used them. Again, I think that these would be too small for a Syrian to use comfortably but a Chinese or a Robo would be able to fit through them quite easily. There are covers for the tube attachments which I'd imagine could provide a chewing/escape point so owners will have to keep an eye on this and make sure that the covers are attached properly.

I personally wouldn't pay the £37 it costs to buy this cage new but it's suited Jessie very well.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote