View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 01:38 PM  
HamsterCrazy1
Hamster Pup

Default Hamster or Mouse?

OK so I know this isn't really a complete 'hamster question' but I figured maybe there are a few people on here who have had both or can give me some advice. I've been thinking about a hamster for like 4 years, I've just always had lots of other pets and haven't had the extra time or money. I don't have as many animals now and have more time, so I'm thinking I may actually get one of the two. My question now is- which one? Can someone give me pros & cons of each? Or even a hamster personality description? I'm thinking a Syrian or a Dwarf Winter White. And there aren't different breeds/species of domestic mice are there? Just different colors? I'll list some of the questions I have about hamsters and mice. How much do each eat? What is the best bedding besides carefresh? What CAN I use besides expensive bedding and carefresh? How much do they cost per month? Best in single or same sex? Best brand of food? Is 'upkeep' a lot? Do they smell? Are they nocturnal? Quiet? Best cage? Cage cost? I'd like a pet that would be calm enough to be held once in a while, sit on my shoulder, etc. but also entertain me with it's energy. I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can before I decide on one and before I get one, so I can properly care for it. If you can answer any of these questions at all I'd be soooo grateful. Thanks in advance!! I'll be scanning this forum, reading hamster questions
HamsterCrazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote