View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 10:45 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default re: The Nobrias - Hopeful for Metallica's First Litter

Thank you for all your kind words everyone.

They got on quite nicely until they woke me up in the early hours of Tuesday morning. They squabbled a bit but settled down to sleep again but Victoria was quite grumpy yesterday evending and during the night she decided that marriage wasn't for her. I split them up and reintroduced them again this morning but they spent the biggest part of an hour and a half squabbling. Apparently the female can get a bit grumpy once they've mated so I'm hoping that this is what has happened with these two. Both have now returned to their own cages and it's now a waiting game to see if any pups are born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkneon View Post
How many pups do they usually have anyway?
I've not known of any Chineseys to have had more than six which is a fairly manageable number compared to the sizes of some of the Syrian litters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesca_27 View Post
Were Jessie and James named after Team Rocket from Pokemon at all? I just realised this lol
I'm not really into Pokemon so I'm not all that sure who Team Rocket are. They're named after musicians. Jessie is named after the singer Jessie J (although I've spelt her name Jessie Jaye) and James is named after the Bat Out of Hell Songwriter Jim Steinman (Steinman's real name is James Richard Steinman). James was originally supposed to be called Jim but when I met him it just didn't seem to fit.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote