Thread: Male or Female?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 04:12 PM  
Vespertine
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Male or Female?

She/he is over 12 months old and a little cuddle bug whose favorite place is cuddled up on my lap getting her (i'm calling her her because it's what i'm used to saying) ears played with or sitting on peoples shoulders watching the world go by. It's taken only 6 weeks for her to wander over to me snuggle up and fall fast asleep so she's very trusting and doesn't seem in pain or stressed, they really don't like being touched in the tail area though or letting people look underneath them.

I couldn't tell you if they were housed with other males they were alone when I got them. The idea of the testicles not distending properly is an interesting thought and the more I think about it the more convinced I become that that's what has happened. They are a P&H ham and not from a breeder so who really knows how mixed up the genes are.

When it comes to the peeing she has chosen a corner for her litter tray and if she is awake and can be bothered she will use it the problem happens if she has been sleeping and needs to go. What she does is burrow right to the bottom of her cage under all the carefresh substate onto the plastic and sleep (this is her preferred sleeping place right now despite having a hut, house & box to sleep in), if she wakes up and needs the toilet she can't be bothered to tunnel out again so takes just a few steps forward pees on the plastic which makes her bottom wet and then takes a few steps back to her sleeping place and nods off again. Is there something absorbent that you can think of that I can lay under the substrate and that she won't be able to burrow under?
Vespertine is offline   Reply With Quote