View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM  
Harebell
Newborn Pup

Default Making the Falco Syrian appropriate

So after doing the costing for my DIY ideas, and then cursing like a sailor at the realisation that (purchase cost, man power, etc. considered) I was easily looking at £100-150 I decided to just grab something premade which fit most of my specifications

The Falco isn't as deep or wide as I would have liked, but it does offer a good height in the lower section and nearly every review comments on how well made it is.

*But* having searched the forum it seems people have a few concerns regarding the potential drop from level to floor. I'd be filling the base ip as deep as possible (and adding structures to it to, hopefully, minimise the risk of future hamball burrowing to the far corner and the burrow collapsing on him), but how should the falling risk ideally be minimised?

I don't want to compromise on roaming/wheel space by filling it up too much, but I don't want to leave wide open spaces either. From past experience I know that sometimes when given the option to walk across a platform or do a flying leap Syrians can, for reasons unknown, go for the leap, and I'm slightly worried I'll be buying a death trap by going with the Falco...

Hamster Cages: great selection at zooplus: Small Pet Cage Falco

I did do a search, but I'm not sure I used the right keywords.

Last edited by Harebell; 08-29-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding link
Harebell is offline   Reply With Quote