View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 05:08 AM  
Jazza1970
Newborn Pup

Thumbs down Imac Fantasy cage review

I thought I would post a review on the imac fantasy hamster palace cage. Overall this cage is good for Syrians. It is very spacious and is large enough to house my Syrian hamster.
I started of with the original cage and eventually bought another three cage extension kits to build the cage up to a 5 storey cage!
My hamster loves It! It does come with a far to small wheel for a syrian hamster though, however I replaced it for an 8.5 inch silent spinner wheel. It also comes with a food bowl and built in nesting area.The cage is very easy to clean and is very well airiated.
HOWEVER it is most certainly NOT suitable for dwarf hamsters. My sister had the same cage but had to get rid of it and make a bin cage when her hamsters leg got stuck in the door of the cage! Her leg got caught in the metal clip which hold the door onto the cage ( its at the bottom of the door) Luckily the gap is only small enough for baby dwarfs to get stuck in and not syrians. She had severe nerve damage and as a result had to have her little leg amputated. Which racked up a £90 bill ( but luckily she was ok, thats the main thing). Not happy. A few months on now and she is coping perfectly well on three legs. My imac cage has since had the metal on the cage doors tightened so that there is no way of my hamster Bonnie's leg getting trapped.
Thank you for reading and please do not buy this cage for dwarfs!

Last edited by souffle; 08-29-2016 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Clarify title
Jazza1970 is offline   Reply With Quote