Thread: Rodipet
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 10:18 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Rodipet

I'm not sure where Amity gets the idea the Rodipet mixes are add ons tbh, they are well thought out, species & age specific complete foods, the Germans do feed their hams rather differently not depending on things like wheat biscuits or grass/alfalfa pellets the way most UK foods tend to.
The dwarf mixes are fine as I said above, I don't have syrians or experience of feeding them so I can't really speak for the syrian mixes but then this is about a dwarf ham so it's not really relevant!
I have used the Bunny dwarf mix, it's a good complete food & while I used it my hams did well on it & enjoyed it. Amity does have a thing about certain ingredients lol! but there really is nothing wrong with it. The JR farms dwarf mix at zooplus is quite a good mix too & might be worth trying.
I used to use the Burgess mix originally but I found I had a fair bit of picky eating too, it is quite a good mix but a lot of hams to do leave bits unless you're really tough on them! It is unusual for a dwarf not to like millet so much but there is rather a lot of millet in the Burgess.
Some people do feed Harry Hamster to their dwarf hams but it's not ideal, the bits tend to be a bit big for them & I've found they generally do better on a dwarf specific mix.
I've probably tried just about every dwarf mix out there over the years & none of them are perfect which is why I decided to make my own but some of them are good & quite adequate nutritionally , hams vary in their likes & dislikes just like we do so sometimes you do have to experiment a little to find which mix suits them best.

Getting back to Rodipet, I've bought lots of different things from them, houses, water bottle holders, food, treats, tubes.... loads of things lol! I've generally been happy with everything I've bought, hard to say what's best as there are quite a few categories but if you're looking at something specific I'd be happy to let you know if I've had it & what I think,
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote