View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:23 PM  
Vicki
Hamster Pup

Smile Re: Help me find a wheel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
Bucket wheels are a great option,especially in the US.You could make your own or purchase one!

The benefits of a bucket wheel are that they are entirely custom to your liking if you spend time selecting individual things.They are entirely silent except for the pitter patter of hammy feet and whirring,which all wheels have regardless.They do cost a bit to purchase,but making one may cost less!It really would only take a drill and a good saw or knife though if you want to make one,as you could make a 12 inch wheel instead of the 10.5 Carolina Storm Express wheels.

The only major drawback I could see is the cost,but really they are only about 10 dollars more than a Comfort Wheel if you purchase one.

Really,they're worth it for the silence and ease of cleaning and also the extra benefit of being able to arrange them at any height you want due to a PVC pipe stand that,if you purchase a CSE or make your own bucket wheel,is completely adjustable from various settings.

Overall bucket wheels are a very good option,much easier to clean and a larger variety of sizing than most wheels.They're also great for longhaired Syrians due to the lack of a spindle,which is something all wheels have.

It should be easy to find Carolina Storm wheels though,just search for Carolina Storm on google and it should come up within the first few options for their website.They are US based,which in your situation is a very good thing!

I bought the bucket wheel. I got it in 2 days, they ship very fast. Patro'n was sleeping but heard me put it in her cage & went right for it. She seems to love it! It is a bit big for her right now but she is only 3 months old. I love that it is adjustable and they sent spare parts. This was a fantastic recommendation as I have made some large purchases that were all wrong & a waste of money. The only disappointment was it doesn't come in purple, so I got the sparkly blue for her. She doesn't care anyway LOL! So, thanks again I highly recommend this seller.
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote