Thread: REALLY worried!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 03:38 PM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Exclamation REALLY worried!

About half hour ago I went to put Sweep back in his cage after his playtime. I took him to the cage in his carrier, as he was a little jumpy today for some reason. I usually put him back on the shelf or his Sputnik, and as I put my hands in the cage, he jumped out. He landed on his back. For the next 20 minutes he sat very still on top of his house. I left him alone and put his food out and changed his water. He then started running in his wheel - which at first I thought was a good sign, until I noticed he had food in his pouches. He rarely pouches food, but when he does he takes it straight to his little store, so to see him running with pouched food has concerned me. I also tried to stroke him - to make sure he wasn't hurt - and he jumped. Is he ok? Could he just be in a bit of shock from jumping out of my hands, or is he hurt and possibly in pain?? He has refused his treat (cheese!), though was refusing it during playtime so am unsure if he is just waiting for me to turn the light out. Since he has been back in the cage he has not gone up to either of his levels - which is normally his first place to go as his favorite toys are up there! I have left the cheese in a bowl on one of the shelves, which is the normal place for treats, but am worried he might not be able to get up to it to get it?? He has now stopped running on his wheel and is just sitting in a corner of the cage, still with full pouches!
Is he ok?? Obviously if he is hurt I will take him to the vet tomorrow but I am worried he won't be ok overnight (I could well be over reacting!) He just doesn't seem his normal self
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote