View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 02:23 PM  
Coco1
Adult Hamster

Well, I'd certainly like to hear more on the ingesting part, I've not seen that written on the packages I've bought. (I just checked mine all over) On my packet it says - "Impaction and related problems are an inherant risk with any substrate. While Carefresh is non-toxic, you should seek vet care if your pet consumes large quantities of bedding. Observation and proper management will minimize potential impaction problems. Treat impacted crops promptly."

I'm sure that if you have a hamster that does tend to eat its bedding or carry a lot of it / move it around, keeping a close eye on that would be common sense.

As for expansion of this product - I've not seen it! Not in my tank? I put down an inch or so and if anything it becomes more compacted due to the hamster running around on it, it never expands! I would think that expansion would only be due to excessive wettness in the cage?

I guess we've all had or heard different opinions regarding this product. I'm going to go to their site and try to find out more. I definately don't want problems from it being digested. It always seems such a shame / annoying when you find a supposed "excellent" product, supposedly safe, just to find out later it has some hidden threat! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Coco1 is offline   Reply With Quote