View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 02:57 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Sherbet

Vet Trip - Teeth Trim
I took Sherbet to the vets today to have her bottom teeth trimmed today - can't believe it been 2 weeks already - Sherbet was on her best behaviour as always. I nearly saw the vet who suggested having her teeth removed as the one I booked to see was running late but told the receptionist that I prefer not to see him and would rather wait to see the vet I booked to see as she I more knowledgeable on small animals (as she has pet chinchillas), I had to wait 20 minutes longer I got a blanket out of the car to keep her warm as they had the air conditioning on and it was getting a bit cold and to keep her carrier dark. Sherbet was weighed and she actually sat still long enough to get a weight - she weighs 150g (which is the same as she weighed last week but 5g more than 2 weeks ago). Sherbet wouldn't let the vet easily look at her teeth I had to hold her still and tried to stop her paws from pushing the vets finger away. She got her teeth trimmed with some gas anaesthetic and the vet who I didn't want to see helped her do it, which I wasn't to pleased about but he did mentioned about having her teeth removed but the vet I was seeing said she wouldn't recommend doing that. The vet said that it look Sherbet top teeth are regrowing but her teeth may slightly turned at an angle so both teeth won't be flush like her bottom teeth, she also said they don't feel loose and feel quiet strong - so I have my fingers crossed.
I also asked the vet I check her right eye as it looked bigger than the other sometimes so I wanted to ensure it wasn't anything to worry about especially after everything Sherbet has been through. But when she was still under gas anaesthetic she had a look she said both her eye balls were the same size, but said it could look bigger due to her accident or due to how her surgery wound healed. But I'm glad it nothing serious.

When Sherbet was brought back into the room in which I was waiting she seemed quiet lively and awake. She even began grooming herself after her teeth was trimmed so she must have been relaxed. She was awake in the carrier the 5 minute car journey home and had some grated homegrown freshly picked carrot when she got home which she enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
Bless her still having some of her easter egg left. If I ignore Harvey, he'll run on his wheel very loudly as he'll be heavy footed and what a noise.
If she had her way she would have eaten all her Easter egg on Easter Sunday, as soon as she smells it she goes crazy trying to grab it out of my hand she climbs into the box thinking it should be in here. It's really cute when she first got it and her trying to chew her way into her egg.
Sherbet does a similar thing to Harvey, she runs so heavily in her wheel but she likes to bangs her toys against the bars of her cage - it makes so much noise. But she soon realises that it doesn't get her anywhere so she goes back in her wheel. My past Syrians used to put all of their hoard in there wheels and run, the noise that makes is unbelievable, but I'm glad Sherbet hasn't figured that one out yet.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 06-30-2016 at 03:35 PM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote