View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 05:06 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Very angry hamster

Glad she is settling in ok. Our Hamster was extremely nervy for some months after we got him and he hated the clang of the water bottle being changes as it went in and out of the bars - it made him very jumpy and nervy (they have often been in tanks at pet shops). So I had his bottle inside the cage instead which solved that issue. At first it was in a bottle stand, and now I use the Ferplast Drinky bottles which come with a clip. The clip fixes to the bars with the bottle holder part on the inside and you just take the bottle in and out of the holder - no noise at all The clip stays on the bars permanently unless you want to move it. I find it much quicker and easier filling the bottles now as well. I'll add a link to where you can get them (they're often silly prices on Amazon). I get two at a time to save on postage costs and then I've always got a spare if there's a problem with one. I find they're good bottles too - let water out easily but don't drip. They only cost £2 to £3 each.

Regarding the noise of the door - do you need to open it in the mornings? In time, as she builds in confidence, this might bother her a lot less, but for now, maybe only open the door after she is well and truly awake in the evenings. If you need to do any spot cleaning you could have her out of the cage first (somewhere safe obviously! Like in a ball for 10 minutes or so, nearby! I used to find if Charlie was in his ball and I was doing something in his cage he'd start bashing the ball into my feet - as if to say - get out of my cage!).

They have the bottle pointing the opposite way round on the photo. Have added a photo of how I have it in our cage.

Fpi 4660 Drinky75 Drinky B.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote