View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 06:23 AM  
Pandas Pets
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Introducing: Burrow! My second hamster ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Aww Burrow is gorgeous! What a lovely boy, looking very cute there although he does look rather petrified by the big empty play pen!
His name is very appropriate for a Chinesey lol! They certainly do love to burrow
I think your feeding info is a little bit out of date, it did used to be commonly thought that you should take peas & corn out of the mix but it really isn't a good idea, not necessary & actually removes nutrients they really need, just feed his mix as it is, unless it's one of those US mixes that contain dried fruit, that I would remove.
What are you giving for fibre, I'm curious!
Now he's a year old you probably don't need to give quite so much protein maybe that much two to three times a week.

They can be very nervous but you've made good progress with him, have you ever tried using something like a small fleece pouch for him to climb into when you hold him? They really seem to like that & he might find sitting in a nice cosy space in your hand a little less intimidating.
Thanks for the info i'll do some more research! He hasn't gotten much left in his jar of seed mix that has been sifted through, after its empty i'll just give him regular with the others again . Also i've made plans to lower the protein to 3x a week already XD I was planning on it at the end of the month since he will be officially 1 year
Pandas Pets is offline   Reply With Quote