View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 04:05 PM  
MrNibbles
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Cleaning - how often?

Hi Serendipity7000 - thanks for your great reassurance and understanding! After Mr. Crumble died so suddenly I really did think they must be the most delicate pets on Earth! But your experience with mould and stuff puts things back into perspective. Thank you for that.
I think Cookie's fur doesn't look as nice as in the beginning and his ears aren't furry anymore which I'm almost sure wasn't like that when we got him. He does groom and clean himself a lot but I can't see any patches due to too much scratching. He's also only put on a few grams in weight but at least hasn't lost any. I didn't go to the vet in the end as I had a good look at him last night and apart from his slim waistline he seems fine, alert and active. One thing I can't check is his teeth. He's not much of a chewer at all. He does like the vegetarian dog tooth brushes though. We have a few wooden chews in his cage and also lots of wooden stuff in general but I think all in all we might have to visit the vet regularly to get his teeth trimmed. I'm planning a visit to the vet a couple of weeks before we go on holiday, just for a proper health check and maybe teeth trimming. Dreading to leave him at the pet boarding when we go on holiday.

Cookie really doesn't eat much - I was quite shocked to see his hoard. He also seems quite picky (with Mr. Crumble he would always eat pumpkin seeds straight from our hands, also peanuts were his favourites), he won't touch either dried nor water soaked mealworms. But what he really likes is fresh veg and fruit! And yes, he does love snacking in bed as well , I can sometimes hear him nibbling on something during the day.

We are not too concerned about Cookie being deaf, it can get a bit noisy here with the kids, so it's kind of handy in a way.

I still have to write my cage review (Living world green eco habitat). For now we are all hoping that Cookie will be with us for a long(er) time.
MrNibbles is offline   Reply With Quote