View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 12:09 PM  
Scarlett Empress
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Marty McVitie's Thread

Thank you Amber! I gave her a little bit of chicken, she seemed to enjoy it very much - looking forward to when she is more used to fresh foods and can have a mini Sunday dinner!

Thank you cypher ha ha yes I think I'm going to have my hands full with this one!

Thank you Rads Marty is waving back at Pip and will definitely have a bit of cheese for a treat when she's a little older!

Thank you Penguin, she has explored every inch of her cage already!

She's loving her wheel Serendipity she got the hang of it really quickly!

Thank you Piebald! I'm a bit stuck with moving the wheel as it's screwed to the side of the cage and there's not much leeway for shifting it, but I think she's decided it wasn't a good place to climb - !

Well, I have seen quite a lot more of Marty, she has been quite confident about coming out when I am around. I was surprised, I thought I would hardly see her till she had settled in a bit.

So here's a few thing she's been up to -

She has decided that the upturned box I provided as a bedroom is not to her taste, and has made a nest under the shelf below her wheel - i.e. not the easiest place for me to clean out! Well, when I say nest - there is now a Fitch mountain in front of the shelf and there was mch scuffling going on yesterday evening, I think she may actually have made a secret bunker.

She's decided that NO WAY is she going to eat the yellow corn flake bits out of her food - I got her a bag of P@H muesli so I could keep her on the same food, but will gradually switch to Harry Hamster - every single thing went out of her bowl apart from those flakes.

I could see yesterday morning which corner she had used as a loo, as there was a HUGE poop pile as well as some pee! I put some sand in a shallow plastic box and put the peed on Fitch in there, and put it in that corner. She dragged the box out of the corner!

She had a tiny bit of carrot this morning - I'd like her to come out in thte mornings so I can see her before I go to work, and she was quite lively this morning, so if she gets used to having something nice, hopefully she will get used to being awake at that time.

She has found two methods of running in her wheel! She can run very fast and very quietly - I can hardly hear her apart from her little feet tapping. Or - she can run very fast and VERY loud! The poor wheel shakes and I cross my fingers that it is going to survive...I don't really know how such a tiny bit who must weigh practically nothing can be so heavy footed.

She is surprisingly quiet at night though! If I wake up, I can hear her in her wheel of having a drink, but I was expecting to hear a lot of gnawing, and I haven't - yet. Maybe she is just too busy running.

It's nice to hear hanstery sounds in the night again though!
Scarlett Empress is offline   Reply With Quote