Thread: Cactus' Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 02:22 PM  
Kimberly
Hamster Pup

Default Cactus' Thread

It's been awhile since I've been on, and a lot has happened. So, first off, I got a hamster again! His name is Cactus and he's a long-haired Syrian. I also have a new cage for him, except it's a 30-gallon aquarium with a mesh lid. Since there was a lot of unused space higher up in the tank, I added in a large dollhouse-type thing. He really enjoys clambering around on it and hiding food in the bottom level. I started using hamster sand in a small ceramic dish, and he likes to dig and roll in it, except he keeps getting tons of bedding in it (probably because the bedding sticks to his fur)! But anyway, here are some pictures:

Cactus sitting in his food bowl when I first got him

Another photo of him sitting in his food bowl

Cactus putting his little paws against the glass (so cute )

Cactus enjoying the outdoors- in safety, of course

Cactus is still pretty young (maybe eight months?). He is very curious about anything and everything, so I have to keep him out of trouble! He really enjoys hiding the dog biscuits I give him and storing them away to chew on in the early hours of the morning. He wasn't quick to open up; it took maybe a month and a half for him to be comfortable when I picked him up. But now he'll crawl all over and look for food when I pick him up! He is a really great hamster, and there will be plenty of great memories in our future!

Last edited by Kimberly; 06-10-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Accidently posted a picture twice
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote