View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:25 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Questions, questions, questions...

1:Is the 6.5" wheel a silent spinner by any chance? That's the only one I know of that comes in that size & if it's one of the old ones that actually works then they are fine for dwarf hams, I have a few that I've used in the past, they've just been superseded by the silent runner!

2:I would give your ham a day or two without interfering other than food & water & talking to it while your by the cage even if it's already used to being handled moving to a new home is still a big adjustment to make, some are keen to interact quite quickly so you can really let your ham guide you after that & if you do the tissue trick it will soon get used to your scent which always makes things easier.

3:They do need a bit of space to move around but I've found they generally like quite a lot in their cages, I usually fill mine quite full but have lots of things they can move through or climb over easily.

4:Enjoy
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote