View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:09 AM  
Azula
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hind leg not moving

Hi! Yeah, Yuki's really old and it's showing. She's also an incredible fighter.

I noticed she didn't drag fer foot this morning as much, but it seems she's overly grooming both of her hind legs now. I think she also has trouble pooping cause every time I pick her up, I see poop stuck there with a white tip which I believe means it has been stuck there for a while so I help her get it out with a q-tip.
She also tried to drink from her water bottle, but after a few sips gave up, so I lifted her closer to the bottle and she continued drinking. She's eating, but is now a very picky eater with her hamster mix. She does eat raw food and boiled egg white with no problem.

Is it possible she has arthritis cause of how she walks? She just wobbles around.
My vet's okay, but he's not as experienced with hamsters. I think I'm the only one taking hamsters to him tbh, but he's the only one who does see them.

Yuki recently had an abscesses on her wee, but I managed to drain it and the vet gave me baytril. The treatment was 7 days long, but it didn't remove it entirely. It's still there (maybe 5% of what it was when I first started treating her), but it's not growing.

She also has a huge lump on the right side close to her hind leg. She has had it for 2 months now, but it never seemed to bother her. The vet said it's either a tumor or an abscess, but because of her old age a surgery is a big no no. Maybe it finally started causing problems, even tho it's on the other side?

Yuki doesn't squeak or anything similar, just overly grooming her hind legs. I really don't know what to do now except to go back and ask for what you've suggested.
Should I remove the wheel even tho she just goes in now it to groom herself. It's her grooming spot. Do I put less bedding in her cage so she can walk more easily? I must admit, I' really clueless.

Last edited by Azula; 06-05-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Azula is offline   Reply With Quote