View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 AM  
Scarlett Empress
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: RIP Darling Smokey

Thanks Thin Lizzy yes I kept thinking I could hear Smokey too, then realised it was just my duvet rustling or my bed creaking! Her cage was right at the bottom on my bed so I could always hear what she was up to.

It's amazing how much of a space they leave cypher but they do have such big personalities! I was having a bit of a cry yesterday but am feeling better now, although I will always miss her.

My sister said something nice - that Smokey was a trail-blazer and had paved the way for future hammies to come into the house. Which I think is true, because when I first said I would like to get a hamster, my Mum couldn't understand why I wanted one! And the truth was - I really wanted a pair of guinea pigs! I have had guinea pigs most of my life, but I don't have room now, and I just wanted something to look after (I have a budgie but he's very independent!) so I thought a hamster would be nice. I last owned one about twenty years ago. But we all totally fell in love with Smokey, my Mum adored her and can totally understand why people love their hamsters so much now.
Scarlett Empress is offline   Reply With Quote